A caller on the Jeremy Vine TV show was shut down after accusing Queen Elizabeth II of not caring about Prince Harry following his royal family’s departure last year.
The TV show, which regularly hears from members of the public on topical issues, was contacted by Carol, who called into the show to speak about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s current situation.
Caller Carol believed that Prince Harry had been “insulted” by the royal family, which she thought was unacceptable after he had “done so much.”
Describing the situation as “sad,” Carol also said that she did not think Queen Elizabeth “gives a monkey’s” about her grandson or about “anything.”
She added that in her view, Prince Harry has clearly been affected by the media.
The caller explained: “I think Prince Harry has been insulted, and I think it is so sad. That boy has done so much, and I don’t think the Queen gives a monkey’s about anything.”
However, host Jeremy Vine responded to say that nobody knows her accusations to be true.
Oddly enough, Prince Harry has confirmed in a recent interview that the toxic media contributed to him leaving London with his family.
He told James Corden: “It was a really difficult environment, as I think a lot of people saw. We all know what the British press can be like. And it was destroying my mental health. I was like, ‘This is toxic.’ So I did what any husband and father would do… I need to get my family out of here.”
He added: “But we never walked away – and as far as I’m concerned, whatever decisions are made on that side – I will never walk away. I will always be contributing – my life is public service, so wherever I am in the world, it is going to be the same thing.”
The call came amid news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will sit down with talk show legend Oprah Winfrey next month for an exclusive interview which will be aired on March 7 in the US on CBS.
Members of the public, as well as royal experts and commentators, have compared the interview to the panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1995, which the BBC aired.
Royal commentator Rhiannon Mills has claimed the interview could result from “frustration” with the Queen and the royal family.
She also speculated that negotiations regarding Harry and Meghan’s roles outside of the royal family might not be going well, resulting in the Sussexes’ decision to be interviewed.
Buckingham Palace has already issued a statement regarding the upcoming interview, which noted that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle now have the liberty to conduct their own media engagements without needing to inform the royal family in advance.